Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"There was a time when..."

"Heirlooms we don't have in our family. But stories we've got."
~Rose Chernin
I do believe, after the Lord's word, memories and stories are the most precious things we can share and pass on to our younger siblings (and children, grandchildren, etc.). What children seem to remember the most about visits with grandparents is the innumerable stories of "the olden days" that they will never know through their own experiences. Well, that's what I remember the most anyway. 
This post kind of goes with the previous one in that we should always be able to make time for stories--the kind of stories that actually happened. This is how our era lives on after we've left this earth. Individual life history is just as important as world history. Everyone impacts the lives around them. Everyone changes the world. Everyone has a story to tell...
What will your story be?

1 comment:

  1. I love the stories my Grandma use to tell m e when I was young, they have stuck with me all these years.

    ReplyDelete